I have some exciting news to share. I have reached another milestone on my writing journey. I now have a book on the shelves of a real life, bricks and mortar, bookstore. Yay! The Crimson Guild is now available in Little Gnome Book Shop, Wynnum. Here is a picture of me showing Little Gnome one of my books before it goes onto the shelf.
So, for all you readers that savour the smell of a new book and the feel of those pages on your fingers as you flick to the next page. If you want a nice new print copy of The Crimson Guild, head down to Little Gnome.
And for those authors out there wanting to know how I went about achieving this milestone, well it was surprisingly easy. These are the steps I took:
- Little Gnome was referred to me by a friend (but you could easily search for independent book stores).
- I checked out the website, where there were contact details and an enquiry form.
- I went down to Wynnum to grab a coffee and check out the store.
- I liked what I saw, so I emailed Bel, the owner of the store and sent her a PDF copy of my book.
- Bel responded to say Little Gnome would be interested in stocking my book, providing/advising of the forms I needed to complete.
- I completed the forms and e-mailed back to ask when she would like me to deliver the books.
- I visited the store, dropped off my books and the paperwork and grabbed a photo with Little Gnome. Easy!
From what I hear, there are a number of stores out there that support indie authors, all you have to do is approach them and find out if they are interested in stocking your book. If they are, they will let you know their requirements.